Last month of 2012 was ‘off the grid’ mode and ‘out of office’ schedule for me. First half of the month was spent in organizing my wedding and getting married, and the second half of December was for honeymoon and to get over ‘wedding hangover’.
So, here is the top 10 list that rolls out every year during the last week, albeit a few days delayed.
Latest and best addition to my site in 2012 was a section for my Wedding! I also changed the name of the blog to ‘My two cents’.
You can also take a look at similar lists from the last couple of years: 2009, 2010 and 2011.
And now, the list of 10 key posts for 2012 on my blog – My two cents:
- 30+ observations in 30 days – Ford Figo
I bought a Ford Figo in June 2012 and this post was published about one month after that. It is a list of my observations about the car. Ford released another generation of Figo after my purchase, so the discussion in here is about 2nd generation vehicle.
- 7+ security features of Ford Figo
Looks like there are a few Figo enthusiasts on the web, as this is the second post I published, to explain further on the ‘security features’ of Figo. Search keyword analysis shows that many are curious about the door locks (practically absent).
- To hell with you – Jabong!
My two cents about the growing online shopping site. Many seem to like and appreciate the effort by Jabong but my first two orders were screwed up and it’s difficult for me to agree with the lot.
- A drive through the Eastern Ghats
Our vacation in 2012 was a long drive through Eastern Ghats for 3 days covering a lot of forest area, Araku valley, Vizag, etc.. This post lists the places we covered, pictures from our journey and a route trace of the path we traveled. What a wonderful drive it was!
- Hampta Pass Trek – Reality Check
Our vacation in 2011 was a week’s trek in The Himalayas through Hampta Pass. This post is a first-hand experience ‘reality check’ that is informative, especially to those who are planning to experience the once-in-a-life-time adventure.
- Airtel and the proof of address
This was a post from a very long time ago when Airtel pissed me off with their documentation policies. Since then, I’ve trashed the Airtel mobile number, bought a new set for my family from DoCoMo and after a year or so moved on to Vodafone with MNP. Good traffic to this post indicates that Airtel is still pissing people off very bad!
- Review – LG Customer Care
LG is one company I’m seriously going to stay away from for a long time. My sincere recommendation to you all: Don’t buy any appliance from LG. Unable to deal with their cheap service stock and just to get rid of LG, I ended the relationship and threw away my refrigerator.
- To Zoomin, with love
When I become a victim of a bad Customer Service and have no choice but deal with few idiots like LG and BlackBerry, I complain, crib and vent out on the blog. But again, when I see some good folks around, I share the love too!
- Hyderabad City needs to Kill Car demand to decrease Traffic Congestion
This one is a guest post by Pragati Prasad addressing traffic situation in Hyderabad. I’ve shared my views too about the situation before.
- BlackBerry: My action is to – kick your ass!
Bad Customer Service is not new to me. But given the name and impression of BB, this was a shocking experience. I’m still surprised how BB has corporate customers!
There you go!
What else did you find interesting on this blog? Let me know.
Wish you all a successful year ahead!
Yet another calendar year has come to an end. Overall, it wasn’t great for me; but that’s ok, there’s a new year around the corner!
I wasn’t even able to post a lot on the blog, just a few random scribbles here’n'there. Of these few, here are the Top 10 of this year.
The best part of my online activity this year was the Project 365!
Before I list the Top 10, take a look at the lists from the last couple of years:
Top 10 posts of 2009.
Top 10 posts of 2010.
And now, the list for 2011:
- Telangana agitation – The Bad: The actual face of the agitation at the time. This post outlines few things that come to my mind those tag the agitation as bad. Some serious concerns, some pun intended and of course a little sarcasm too! More than the post itself, the comments and discussion is what matters more on this page.
- Telangana agitation – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: An introductory post for the Telangana agitation series. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly are also individually on the top 10 list. This post was my attempt to examine the agitation from those different angles.
- Telangana agitation – The Good: While the agitation itself was mostly bad/ ugly, I forced myself to understand and see if there is any ‘good’ in it. A few reasons protesters quoted for why we need a separate state are discussed here.
- Close call with phishing on facebook: A close encounter that almost made me give out the credit card number to the ‘disguised’ friend on facebook. If you face a similar situation, please be more careful!
- Hampta Pass Trek – Reality Check: A wonderful experience in The Himalayas! A reality check to anyone else who’s dreaming of the trek. What to carry, how is it there, good things, not so good experiences, cold, water, energy levels, scenery, photography, etc are discussed in detail.
- Telangana agitation – The Ugly: In a nutshell, the agitation that changed the face of Hyderabad, to Ugly! This the THE actual post I intended to write about the agitation. Vandalism, mob mentality, bandhs, traffic issues and impact to common man are all discussed here.
- Review – LG Customer Care: Feedback to the LG team after a terrible experience with their service that took 22 days to fix a broken refrigerator. For the record, it broke twice in two months after that repair too!
- The Airport Bhoot: A funny incident that left us awestruck all night in the Hyderabad airport. May be it’s the time of the night, or may be there really is a bhoot, but our experience IS something I couldn’t resist sharing.
- Pearl YAMAHA – Feedback about your service: An escalation to the Yamaha Motors India about their service centers in Hyderabad. You gotta let people/ organizations know when there is a scope for improvement!
- Project 365: While the post itself on the blog received quite a good amount of traffic, the independent site where I post ‘pic of the day’ received quite a good response. Head to the site and check the clicks for yourself!
If you have enjoyed any other post and that’s not in the list above, please let me know in the comments!
After a lot of thought and trial & error experiments, the new Gallery is finally here!
Go to Gallery now!
I’ve been a user of Picasa Web Albums and Flickr for a long time now. As far as I know, they are the best out there! I even linked this blog to my Picasa Gallery and Flickr Photostream all the while. Unfortunately, it was just ‘view-only’ arrangement; no activity.
I always wanted something on my own domain which will allow me to upload and manage pictures. The recent article “Why You Should (Or Shouldn’t) Abandon Your Flickr Account” I bumped into from the Digital Photography School made me concentrate a little more. Well, after a few ‘review and reject’ projects, one open source solution finally made it!
Check out the Gallery and let me know what you think!
Done so far: Installation and setup, minor tweaks, moving all Picasa Web Albums and Flickr content to Gallery.
Yet to work on: Sorting all pictures to appropriate categories/ albums, removing few ‘snapshot/ events’ kinda content, fine tuning some functionality and user interface.
By the way, there is an option for you to host your own album here, if interested!
It’s again that time of the year when we spare a moment to think about the year that comes to an end, ponder over the good and bad, and make plans for the new year. For this blog, it’s about the top 10 posts for this year. Last year’s list is here.
Before I list out the individual posts, here are a few pages that got most visitors!
a) Home page
Now, the top 10 posts.
- Photos from Wonder La Amusement Park, Banglore: This is a post that was published after my adventurous trip to Banglore. My experience in the park was wonderful, and looks like many of you shared the thrill from the pictures!
- Airtel and the proof of address: I don’t find some things reasonable. Based on the number of views for this post, looks like am not alone!
- Miyapur to Madhapur: One day’s commuting experience during those tough rainy times of the year. I posted this bit a couple of weeks before I sold off my Santro.
- Photos from Bannerghatta National Park, Bangalore: Another album from the Banglore trip. Awesome experience it was! Check out the pictures now if you missed before!
- Go bananas!: This was actually a forwarded email in circulation I wanted to share. Pretty informative! I assure you will never look at banana the same way again; go bananas!
- SBH ‘Explore’d: An awesome experience with SBH (of course, sarcasm!) And you can’t afford to miss the screenshot
- YES!YAMAHA: I got my new Yamaha about two months ago. Thanks for sharing my excitement!
- Manisha sold you off for Rs 999!: She did! It’s a marketing email I received that I couldn’t resist sharing.
- A holiday for me – finally!: Ha! Am so relieved. Thanks people for sympathizing with me for my difficult times!
- Assurance from TATA AIG when terrorism is a treat: Just a screen capture from a marketing email. Sometimes, typos have different effects!
10th post above and this one attracted the same number of visitors, so here you go!
If you have enjoyed any other post and that’s not in the list above, please let me know in the comments!
If you have come here following a note in your Inbox, you’re my loyal subscriber and thank you for that! If not, here is a way to subscribe to this blog and enjoy content right in your mailbox. And thanks in advance for that too!
To make your experience much better, I’ve changed the way the blog content is delivered to your Inbox. The complete post can be read right in your email system and you can visit the site only if you have a comment to add or read the response from others. So, am saving you one trip to the browser by delivering the complete content. In addition, you will receive the blog update at a given time any day new posts are added. No updates, no email. Irrespective of the number of posts, one single email at a particular time of the day. Kool, eh? Continue reading
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” –Leonardo da Vinci.
I was very pleased with the look and feel of the blog; I had selected a nice template and worked hard over months in tweaking the design and adding functionality. Sophistication is something I like. While I tried to keep the aesthetic look very pleasing with layout, colors and presentation, I did load it with a lot of functionality I might not need on a personal blog. Continue reading
I had an idea and I worked on it. I moved my blog to http://viveeonline.com/blog. So, it’s the same URL except a “slash blog” as a suffix. Very easy to remember!
I’ve been thinking to implement many changes to my home online and hence this first move. Yeah, the blog on the main address is still active; I need to confirm that everything (at least, most of it) is working kool in the new location before I kill the main (now old) blog.
So, a kind request to please update your favorites, RSS feeds, and any other way you feel comfortable in reaching the blog.
Thanks for being with me through the change!
- Stay tuned for the commencement of my new project; hoping to make a beta release sometime this week
Er… just a second…
Do you find anything common/ different/ interesting with these dates? (MM.DD.YYYY)
- 08.31.1380 (!)
Read this to crack the code. See ya!