Four years and two iPhones (3G and 4) definitely changed me for the better. Without any doubt, iPhone was the best gadget I used so far.
I’m now on a Windows Phone 8. Nokia Lumia 820.
Why did I move away from iPhone?
- Mishap – I shattered the screen last year on a road trip and getting a replacement is expensive (authorized dealers quoted 9K). After struggling for a month with broken glass, I settled for a sub-standard off-market screen (3.2K). It was never the same. Many ask me the reason for not clicking/ sharing photographs for some time now. It’s this. I wasn’t enjoying my iPhone as much with a ‘duplicate’ display.
- Price – The latest iPhone would be great, as a logical move, but it’s damn expensive. I don’t argue with people who say it’s worth the price. It probably is; but I can’t afford 45K for a phone. I spent 30K for the last iPhone 4 and my target was to find something in less price than that. Lumia 820 cost me 26K.
- Comparision – I did some quick comparision on geekaphone.com (iPhone 4 and Nokia Lumia 820) and Lumia won! Wow! So, a better phone than the one I used, at less price; kool.
- Battery change/ memory card/ back cover – Unlike many smart phones (read: iPhone), Lumia 820 allows me to open the back cover (btw, Lumia 920 doesn’t); add memory in the form of MicroSD card up to 64 GB; and change battery if needed. Good options!
- Windows 8 – I recently upgraded my Sony VAIO to Windows 8. With an Operating System from same vendor, it HAS to be easy to exchange data, and play around with mobile on laptop in general. It’s no secret that Apple forces us to use certain ways to get content onto iPhone that are not straightforward.
- Fresh look – I love iPhone interface; Android, not much. Windows Phone interface is different, simpler and new. Worth a try!
[sam_ad id=”29″ codes=”true”]