This is a forward I received and wanted to share the ‘joy’ of being in IT! 😀
I removed the names and have just the text shared by professionals.
SIDE EFFECTS of working in the IT sector – real life anecdotes shared by IT people.
- I once left home to go to the market wearing my ID card and did not realize till my friend asked me why I was wearing it!
- Once I was flashing my ID card instead of unlocking the house door with keys!
- Few days back I slept at 12:00 in the night and woke up in the morning at 7:00 and suddenly thought that I haven’t completed 8 hours and laughed at myself when I realized that I am at home 🙂
- M e and my friends went out for dinner in one of the best restaurants. . And as I finished.. I started walking towards the wash basin with plates in my hand..
- Once I was on call with my father and mom was not around. I went on to ask, “Why is she not attending the status call?”
- I don’t login to orkut, yahoo, gmail, youtube, etc.. at my personal internet connection at home…thinking it will be blocked any way; till I realize – I am at home.
- Yeah sometimes it do happens with me also. Keeping hands in front of tap for waiting water to drop by itself is very frequent with me. I just forget that we have to turn on and off the tap at home.
- Once after talking to one of my friends I ended the conversation saying, ” Ok bye…in case of any issues will call u back”
- Sometimes when I mistakenly delete a message from my mobile, I hope for a second, may be it’s in the recycle bin!
- I gave my office mail id and password to access Gmail and wondered when they became invalid??
- Once I went to a pharmacy n asked for a tab… pharmacist asked whether I want 250mg or 500mg… I replied 256mb… thank god he didn’t notice!
- Me getting a thought of doing an Alt+Tab while switching from a news channel to the DVD while watching TV.
- And I – after a forty hour marathon in Bhubaneshwar with Powerbuilder, decided to take a break and went to a movie. In the middle of the movie, when I wanted to check the time, I kept repeatedly glancing at the bottom right corner of the theatre screen!
- Once I was getting down from an auto giving him Sodexho instead of 10 rupee note!