I’ve read about communication using messengers (not the Yahoo!, MSN or Google, AOL types, am talking about the individuals who carried messages!) which was obvious long time ago. Also, I read that pigeons were used for communication. Believable? May be yes, may be no!
And then, after postal letters, when telephones came into existence (placing a trunk call from post office), people really enjoyed the convenience. Real time talk! What more to expect?
Then, when phones came into homes, wow! It’s like you don’t even need to walk to the post office, real good!
And then cell phones. You don’t even need to be at home! Place or receive a call wherever you are! Plus, what not is available in mobile phones? The list would be endless, obviously!
Now, we have Bluetooth in use. Wow! We don’t even need to hold the cell phone pinned to your ear throughout the conversation. Plug in a small gadget, and you can talk even from the loo 😉
I am just thinking what next?? May be something like, you close your eyes and concentrate for second to remember your loved ones, and a red light flashes in their eyes? (??!!) Whatever! And am sure whatever that is will have a crazy name like Whitesoc or Pinkhair or Greennail. hehehe…
Am still thinking…
1. When paying for a taxi, don’t look at your wallet as you take out a note. Just grab one out at random and hand it over. It will always be the exact fare.
2. Television news bulletins usually contain a story that affects you personally at the precise moment it’s aired.
3. Any lock can be picked with a credit card or paperclip in seconds. UNLESS it’s the door to a burning building with a child inside.
4. If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you bump into will know all the steps.
5. All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red digital displays so you know exactly when they are going to explode.
6. Once applied, lipstick will never rub off. Even while scuba diving.
7. The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window of any building in Paris.
8. Any police officer about to retire from the force will more often than not die on their last day (especially if their family have planned a party). (Caveat: Detectives can only solve a case after they have been suspended from duty).
9. If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises wearing their most revealing underwear.
10. If you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts, your opponents will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around you in a threatening manner until you have defeated their predecessor.
11. Guns are like disposable razors. If you run out of bullets, just throw the gun away. you will always find another one.
12. Cars will explode instantly when struck by a single bullet.
13. You will survive any battle in any war UNLESS you show someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.
14. A single match is usually sufficient to light up a room the size of a football stadium.
15. It is not necessary to say “Hello” or “Goodbye” when beginning a telephone conversation. A disconnected call can always be restored by frantically beating the cradle and saying “Hello? Hello?” repeatedly.
16. One man shooting at 20 men has a better chance of killing them all than 20 men firing at once (it’s called Stallone’s Law).
17. When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in you room will still be visible, just slightly bluish.
18. All beds have special L-shaped sheets that reach to armpit level on a woman but only up to the waist of the man lying beside her.
19. Anyone can land a 747 as long as there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.
20. During all police investigations it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once.
Who doesn’t like good photography? Very few. Well, a picture speaks thousand words, it’s well said. (On the contrary, I guess it also occupies the memory in same proportion ;-))
Further, what if the pictures are from National Geographic Experts? Am sure you love them! Here is a link that takes you to the Photo Of The Day on the NGC site.
You might want to bookmark to check the link out everyday! Or, to make it easy for you, I added it to the “Links” section on the right.
Happy Dasara to one and all. Hope you are enjoying the charm of the festival 🙂
Also, let’s not forget the ‘Father of our Nation’.
Happy Birthday Bapu!
Here is the actual Self Portrait by Da Vinci for you 🙂