Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He’s not breathing and his eyes are glazed, so his friend calls 911.
“My friend is dead! What should I do?”
The operator replies, “Calm down, sir. I can help. First make sure that he’s dead.”
There’s a silence, then a loud bang. Back on the phone, the guy says, “Ok, now what?”
This is a forward I received and wanted to share the ‘joy’ of being in IT! 😀
I removed the names and have just the text shared by professionals.
SIDE EFFECTS of working in the IT sector – real life anecdotes shared by IT people.
- I once left home to go to the market wearing my ID card and did not realize till my friend asked me why I was wearing it!
- Once I was flashing my ID card instead of unlocking the house door with keys!
- Few days back I slept at 12:00 in the night and woke up in the morning at 7:00 and suddenly thought that I haven’t completed 8 hours and laughed at myself when I realized that I am at home 🙂
- M e and my friends went out for dinner in one of the best restaurants. . And as I finished.. I started walking towards the wash basin with plates in my hand..
- Once I was on call with my father and mom was not around. I went on to ask, “Why is she not attending the status call?”
- I don’t login to orkut, yahoo, gmail, youtube, etc.. at my personal internet connection at home…thinking it will be blocked any way; till I realize – I am at home.
- Yeah sometimes it do happens with me also. Keeping hands in front of tap for waiting water to drop by itself is very frequent with me. I just forget that we have to turn on and off the tap at home.
- Once after talking to one of my friends I ended the conversation saying, ” Ok bye…in case of any issues will call u back”
- Sometimes when I mistakenly delete a message from my mobile, I hope for a second, may be it’s in the recycle bin!
- I gave my office mail id and password to access Gmail and wondered when they became invalid??
- Once I went to a pharmacy n asked for a tab… pharmacist asked whether I want 250mg or 500mg… I replied 256mb… thank god he didn’t notice!
- Me getting a thought of doing an Alt+Tab while switching from a news channel to the DVD while watching TV.
- And I – after a forty hour marathon in Bhubaneshwar with Powerbuilder, decided to take a break and went to a movie. In the middle of the movie, when I wanted to check the time, I kept repeatedly glancing at the bottom right corner of the theatre screen!
- Once I was getting down from an auto giving him Sodexho instead of 10 rupee note!
I have an i-mint card. ICICI automatically opened an account for me and within 18 months I received the card. I had to sort out many issues with this company too and for them each issue takes 5-6 months; 7-10 days to acknowledge your email, 14-21 days to ‘look into it’, another 14-21 days to work on it, about 14 days again to let you know that ‘it will be taken care’. All of those ‘days’ are by the way ‘business days’.
Anyway, I received an automated email asking ‘Never redeemed your i-mint points? Start now and earn bonus points!‘. I was reading in somebody’s Google Buzz about point redemption and expiration couple of days ago. So, I thought why not check the point balance and order a wallet or something. And while browsing cataloging, coming across this thing. Checking the description and having funning! Continue reading “imint rewarding redeeming”
The king of a small African nation had an elegant golden throne in his large grass hut. When an old friend came to visit from another nation, he was worried that the man would discover he was a king and treat him differently. He searched frantically for a place to hide the throne, but to no avail. Finally, he decided to have it wedged up in the ceiling of his hut. When his friend arrived, he went to the hut’s opening to greet him. Just then the ceiling started to give way, and the golden throne fell on the king, killing him.
The moral of the story: “People who live in grass houses should not stow thrones.”
Let’s find out right now, real quick.
- Pick a number (your favorite) between 1-9 (inclusive)
- Multiply by 3
- Add 3 to the result, and multiply by 3 again
- You’ll get a 2 or 3 digit number
- Add the digits together
Now, refer the index below to find your role model.
- Nelson Mandela
- Jacob Zuma
- Tom Cruise
- Bill Gates
- Brad Pitt
- Barack Obama
Thank you! And believe me, some day, you will be like me too! 😛
P.S.: Stop changing your choice of number now. You know I am your role model, just deal with it! 😀
Next Action? Send this to your buddies and make sure to change item no. 9.