It’s the last few weeks of 2013, and here is a quick update on the top posts on this blog for this year: The Top 10.
- 30+ observations in 30 days – Ford Figo: I bought a Ford Figo in June 2012 and this post was published about one month after that. It is a list of my observations about the car. This post was the no. 1 last year, and is no. 1, this year as well.
- 7+ security features of Ford Figo: Same with this post. Top 2 in 2012, as well as in 2013. Looks like there are good number of Figo enthusiasts on the web, as most of the traffic is from search results.
- Photos and videos from Wonder La Amusement Park, Banglore: The photo gallery of our visit to the fun Wonder La Amusement Park in Bengaluru received good response after the two Figo posts above. Check out the pictures!
- Hyderabad FM Radio Live Online Streaming: I have more information that should be added to this post; new stations, new sites and better access to the FM stations online. This reminds me I should get to it soon. May be, during the annual leave in the last week!
- 13 Less Known Great Features of Nokia Lumia: I picked up a Nokia Lumia 820 in Feb 2013 after I broke the iPhone. After getting used to the new OS, it appeared to me that some of the features of Lumia need more attention and credit. I did my best to cover some really worthy features in this post.
- To hell with you – Jabong! They got in touch with me after an year to check if my opinion has changed about the service; and I owe it to this post! Yes, Jabong has come a long way since my first experience.
- How to check and pay your traffic violation dues online: This post helped many visitors do a quick check on the status of their traffic violations, if any. When did you last check if you have any penalties against you in the system?
- Hampta Pass Trek – Reality Check: Our vacation in 2011 was a week’s trek in The Himalayas through Hampta Pass. This post is a first-hand experience ‘reality check’ that is intriguing as well as informative, especially to those who are planning to experience the once-in-a-life-time adventure. There’s a photo gallery too for shutterbugs!
- Ford Figo – FAQs: Considering the response I received for my Figo posts above, I wanted to answer as many questions as possible that visitors used in search fields to get to my site. The attempt was very well received as this post made to the top 10!
- The 10 minute guide to replace lost or stolen Ford Figo key: This is the result of an unfortunate incident: losing my Figo key. I published this article to help others in similar situation as I couldn’t get much help online when I needed.
Not on the top 10 but the following posts also received good response! Check them out yourself!
Happy Holidays! 🙂
P.S. Top 10s for the last few years are here: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009.
Last month of 2012 was ‘off the grid’ mode and ‘out of office’ schedule for me. First half of the month was spent in organizing my wedding and getting married, and the second half of December was for honeymoon and to get over ‘wedding hangover’.
So, here is the top 10 list that rolls out every year during the last week, albeit a few days delayed.
Latest and best addition to my site in 2012 was a section for my Wedding! I also changed the name of the blog to ‘My two cents’.
You can also take a look at similar lists from the last couple of years: 2009, 2010 and 2011.
And now, the list of 10 key posts for 2012 on my blog – My two cents:
- 30+ observations in 30 days – Ford Figo
I bought a Ford Figo in June 2012 and this post was published about one month after that. It is a list of my observations about the car. Ford released another generation of Figo after my purchase, so the discussion in here is about 2nd generation vehicle.
- 7+ security features of Ford Figo
Looks like there are a few Figo enthusiasts on the web, as this is the second post I published, to explain further on the ‘security features’ of Figo. Search keyword analysis shows that many are curious about the door locks (practically absent).
- To hell with you – Jabong!
My two cents about the growing online shopping site. Many seem to like and appreciate the effort by Jabong but my first two orders were screwed up and it’s difficult for me to agree with the lot.
- A drive through the Eastern Ghats
Our vacation in 2012 was a long drive through Eastern Ghats for 3 days covering a lot of forest area, Araku valley, Vizag, etc.. This post lists the places we covered, pictures from our journey and a route trace of the path we traveled. What a wonderful drive it was!
- Hampta Pass Trek – Reality Check
Our vacation in 2011 was a week’s trek in The Himalayas through Hampta Pass. This post is a first-hand experience ‘reality check’ that is informative, especially to those who are planning to experience the once-in-a-life-time adventure.
- Airtel and the proof of address
This was a post from a very long time ago when Airtel pissed me off with their documentation policies. Since then, I’ve trashed the Airtel mobile number, bought a new set for my family from DoCoMo and after a year or so moved on to Vodafone with MNP. Good traffic to this post indicates that Airtel is still pissing people off very bad!
- Review – LG Customer Care
LG is one company I’m seriously going to stay away from for a long time. My sincere recommendation to you all: Don’t buy any appliance from LG. Unable to deal with their cheap service stock and just to get rid of LG, I ended the relationship and threw away my refrigerator.
- To Zoomin, with love
When I become a victim of a bad Customer Service and have no choice but deal with few idiots like LG and BlackBerry, I complain, crib and vent out on the blog. But again, when I see some good folks around, I share the love too!
- Hyderabad City needs to Kill Car demand to decrease Traffic Congestion
This one is a guest post by Pragati Prasad addressing traffic situation in Hyderabad. I’ve shared my views too about the situation before.
- BlackBerry: My action is to – kick your ass!
Bad Customer Service is not new to me. But given the name and impression of BB, this was a shocking experience. I’m still surprised how BB has corporate customers!
There you go!
What else did you find interesting on this blog? Let me know.
Wish you all a successful year ahead! 🙂
Yet another calendar year has come to an end. Overall, it wasn’t great for me; but that’s ok, there’s a new year around the corner!
I wasn’t even able to post a lot on the blog, just a few random scribbles here’n’there. Of these few, here are the Top 10 of this year.
The best part of my online activity this year was the Project 365!
Before I list the Top 10, take a look at the lists from the last couple of years:
Top 10 posts of 2009.
Top 10 posts of 2010.
And now, the list for 2011:
- Telangana agitation – The Bad: The actual face of the agitation at the time. This post outlines few things that come to my mind those tag the agitation as bad. Some serious concerns, some pun intended and of course a little sarcasm too! More than the post itself, the comments and discussion is what matters more on this page.
- Telangana agitation – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: An introductory post for the Telangana agitation series. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly are also individually on the top 10 list. This post was my attempt to examine the agitation from those different angles.
- Telangana agitation – The Good: While the agitation itself was mostly bad/ ugly, I forced myself to understand and see if there is any ‘good’ in it. A few reasons protesters quoted for why we need a separate state are discussed here.
- Close call with phishing on facebook: A close encounter that almost made me give out the credit card number to the ‘disguised’ friend on facebook. If you face a similar situation, please be more careful!
- Hampta Pass Trek – Reality Check: A wonderful experience in The Himalayas! A reality check to anyone else who’s dreaming of the trek. What to carry, how is it there, good things, not so good experiences, cold, water, energy levels, scenery, photography, etc are discussed in detail.
- Telangana agitation – The Ugly: In a nutshell, the agitation that changed the face of Hyderabad, to Ugly! This the THE actual post I intended to write about the agitation. Vandalism, mob mentality, bandhs, traffic issues and impact to common man are all discussed here.
- Review – LG Customer Care: Feedback to the LG team after a terrible experience with their service that took 22 days to fix a broken refrigerator. For the record, it broke twice in two months after that repair too! 🙁
- The Airport Bhoot: A funny incident that left us awestruck all night in the Hyderabad airport. May be it’s the time of the night, or may be there really is a bhoot, but our experience IS something I couldn’t resist sharing.
- Pearl YAMAHA – Feedback about your service: An escalation to the Yamaha Motors India about their service centers in Hyderabad. You gotta let people/ organizations know when there is a scope for improvement!
- Project 365: While the post itself on the blog received quite a good amount of traffic, the independent site where I post ‘pic of the day’ received quite a good response. Head to the site and check the clicks for yourself!
If you have enjoyed any other post and that’s not in the list above, please let me know in the comments!