Here is an online utility from the Hyderabad Traffic Police computer systems to enables you to check your violations record and monetary fines (challans). Click the following links to check the e-challan status. http://www.echallan.org/publicview/ or alternative link 1 or alternative link 2.
How to make Payment for E-Challan
You can make payment of your e-challan online by making use of Credit Card through Payment Gateway and clear the e-challan or challans pending against your vehicle.
In order to make payment of e-challan pending against your vehicle, you need to first visit the above mentioned site (echallan.org) and check for pending e-challan against your vehicle.
- Enter complete number of your vehicle including the missing zeros.
- Enter the Vehicle Number in this format: AP09AB0009
- Incorrect Formats are: AP09AB009, AP09AB09, AP9AB9
Once you have checked the Pending e-challan against your vehicle, then go to the following site.
- Click on Register and Enter all your details with a Username and Password.
- Once you have Registered then go to http://www.esevaonline.com again.
- Click on Pay Bill or Go to http://www.esevaonline.com/htmlpages/login.htm.
- After Logging in Click on “You want to Pay Hyderabad Police Traffic Challan Click Here”.
- If you do not see the above option Click on the tab at top left side “Add More Services” and Select Hyderabad Traffic Challans Or Cyberabad Traffic Challans.
- Enter your complete Vehicle Number in CAPS, total length of any vehicle will be 10 Words and Numerals. For Ex: AP09AB0009, It includes all the zero as mentioned in your RC.
- Once you enter your Motor Vehicle Number and click Submit then you will be shown the list of E-Challans pending against your vehicle. If there is no E-challan then you will see “Invalid Registration Number/Challan already Paid”.
- When having Multiple E-Challans, you can select all of them at once and click Submit. Total amount payable will shown in the box as shown below.
- After clicking Submit you will be redirected to the following page where you will shown the complete amount. Click Submit to proceed for payment.
- Once you click Submit above you will redirected to ICICI Bank Payment Gateway where you can proceed to make the payment.
- Please note it takes 24 Hours to update your payment at E-Challan Server.
- You can also make payment for other services such as GHMC Property Tax, Telephone Bills, Broadband Bills and Electricity Bills.
Always keep a record of your payment transaction. Keep it as a Screenshot, PDF or Note it down. Sometimes the payment does not reflect in the respective department such as Hyderabad Traffic Police, Cyberabad Traffic Police, APCPDCL, GHMC or Other services. This detail comes in handy to you at that point in time.
Note: The facility to view violation images online will be available to e-challans generated after 1-May-2013. If you wish to see the Violation Images for E-Challan generated before 1-May-2013 you have to visit the Traffic Police Station mentioned in the E-Challan.
The above instructions are also available on Hyderabad Traffic Police blog, with few screenshots.
If the above links do not work for someone down the line, here is the landing page. You can click the top-left icon “e challan status”. I am not sure how consistent and updated this database is but you can sure run your vehicle number and verify.
How to report Bribe Incidents of a Traffic Personnel?
This is what Hyderabad Traffic Police says on their blog:
“We have and keep suspending Traffic personnel on the basis of complaints received against them. A inquiry is conducted against them and if they are found guilty they are removed from the service with penalty. Let us understand how the whole process works, we cannot suspend a personal just because a person on Facebook or any other Online Platform says he is corrupt, for the simple reason that the cop can go to court and get his suspension revoked rendering the whole exercise useless.
A written complaint is needed to take action, evidence accompanying it also needed. The evidence can be the Individual giving the complaint. The whole process takes its due course in the courts and appropriate action is taken. If you are complaining means you should be ready for inquiry and ready to appear whenever it is requested. Other wise we can not judge who is at fault. We can not go by your version or our personnel version and judge the issue.
As a part of the society one should also not promote bribing and follow rules. An individual should pay fines for the violations and request for and take receipt of the challans. You can report the incidents at traffic helpline number 9010203626 whenever a cop is asking for bribe.
We do not support corrupt practices and corruption in our department and ask everyone not do the same. By paying a bribe or bribing a personnel from any government department you make our job difficult to keep the system clean.”
Do you know you can report traffic violations through WhatsApp? Details here.
Happy riding, happy driving!