As we now understand The Good side of the Telangana agitation, let’s take a different perspective and look at The Bad side of it.
If you need to refresh on the reasons why need a separate state now, please read the previous post one more time here.
Now, the list that I think tags the movement as bad:
- Resolution for the quoted problems: The problems currently put forward are problems in general. Though the numbers look a little different when compared with respect to other ‘regions’ in Andhra Pradesh, there aren’t many issues that cannot be resolved now.
Think of less number of schools and colleges for example; If the number is too low in a particular Telangana district, I wouldn’t blame the Chief Minister and the government to start with. (Congress government is completely crap, but more on that later.) What are hell are the local MLAs and MPs doing? They can’t get a school approved and established? If the answer is no, there, you have an incompetent leader in your area. This same fellow is going to be responsible for your ‘development’ even after the state is formed. In fact, now you can go to a different place for education if feasible because it’s the same state. After a separate is formed, you’ll have to study in ‘different’ state!
- Irrigation: It’s true that the districts classified as Telangana are less productive when compared to rest of AP. However, it’s the geographical limitation that water can’t flow to these areas and Telangana crowd accept this too. But the blame still goes to ‘Andhra’ CMs that they developed their own regions by diverting water with the projects. Well, we did have Telangana CMs too rule our state. What the hell stopped them to spare a bucket of water from the river to your land? And, you don’t think the technical difficulty will still exist after the state is separated? Rivers ARE flowing through the region now. You wanna stop the rivers at the Telangana borders and NOT let the water flow to other regions? 😀
- Employment: So, all jobs should be offered to ‘local’ people before you look for ‘outsiders’, huh? Are you able to successfully fight for the cause now, IF you think, in the first place, that the concept makes sense? Are all the jobs in AP done by AP population itself? What about the skilled personnel we have here from all over India? And, if you’re competent enough, come score a position. When we have a ‘job’ requisition, we want some work done, some task accomplished there, not just send a salary home. With the complete pool of talent in AP, the fate of our government is like this; think of our own Telangana government with near-zero competent leadership! AND, on top of that, placements based on locality, NOT skills/ eligibility. Yeah, my dream! :-
- Quit Telangana: The funniest of the complete movement is this! 🙂 What the hell do you mean by asking so called Andhra population to ‘leave’ Telangana? And even more funnier and ironical is: people in US and other countries supporting the ‘quit telangana’ crap. You have no shame in staying and earning your livelihood in another country (not even a different state in the same country, a different country in a different continent altogether!) but you don’t like Andhra and Seema area fellas living in Hyderabad? That too when the separate state decision is in no shape! It’s still stupid but worth lending an ear IF Telangana were a separate state. But now, am sorry but it’s cheaper comedy than the Gemini Comedy gags!
- ‘Want’ Telangana?: I say- “go take it!” What do you mean by “we want Telangana”. It’s right there, beautifully laid out in the Andhra Pradesh map. Use Google Maps and find it if you can’t locate it. It’s you who live there, do whatever you wish to do. Who’s holding you back from developing the region? If you think government is partial to the other regions, go question your local MLAs and MPs. They are the ones who should be addressing most of your issues. This fella can’t do anything now but lay red carpets once Telangana is a state? I don’t think so.
When you stop my car on the road and claim ‘We want Telangana’, think about this: I don’t have it at home. It’s right out there. Go take it and leave normal commuters alone!
- Map issues: Frankly, I haven’t tried out every country’s map in the world but from the few I look at, India has the most beautiful map. And, Andhra Pradesh map within India has such a graceful presence! Why the hell would anyone want to carve another shape out of this beauty?
To be honest, check out the Telangana region map alone – it looks like two days old samosa!
By the way, I was checking out a few websites to write this series of posts and this is what I came across when I wanted to visit ourtelangana.com. You don’t even want others to visit your website? With this, the complete movement looks like an illegal underground business!
And that’s why the Telangana agitation is Bad. Stay tuned for The Ugly!
It all started here.