- This is 2007! Not 1985. Every small thing should not need the customer to visit your branch.
In fact, my experience started with this policy of their’s. They come to us and provide the ‘starter kit’ and what not when opening the account. I don’t even know where the branch office is. For every question I ask, all I hear is: “Please visit your branch to sort this out”
- Let customer’s access their accounts online! Providing a username and password should not be so difficult.
I was asked for my Date of Birth, Mother’s Maiden Name and a few other details when I opened the account. They need those details for ‘verification’ in case I forget my password. When I did lose my Internet banking info, they said verification over the phone is not entrusting and they want me in person at their branch office!
- Use a little bit of technology! Not very too much, a little bit!!
After the name changed to AXIS, I was browsing through their site to obtain an email address for support. I needed this because they want me to visit the branch if I call. And visiting their branch for every small transaction is the last thing I expect from them. All their ‘Contact Us’ pages have physical addresses only! I could finally get hold of one email address they claim it to be of the chief complaince officer or something like that.
- And this one is pretty common to all the banks I guess. “The communication has been sent to you and…” complete the story. They never care whether we received the so called ‘communication’ or not. And I wonder what form of communication that is. In fact, last year is when I contacted them for Internet banking information. I stopped using the account since then and my account was closed sometime ago, after a ‘communication’ was sent to me. I don’t remember any email or phone call in the recent past. Further, I did move to a different locality in the past year and didn’t update them as they would need me ‘in person’ to update the address.
- Blind rule that everyone knows is ‘never lose a customer’.
In fact when ICICI Bank Branch Manager asked me to close my account because I had a cheque with a mismatched name, I was shocked. This wasn’t much surprising after that. AXIS wanted me to open another account with them. Well, after experiencing their service in so many ways, I am no dumbo to go back to them. I know I don’t have a lot of choice as all banks ‘compete’ in these cheap tricks to make money, I just have to figure out who is less stupid and bank with them. Huh!
If anyone else has suggestions based on your experiences, feel free to comment on this post. I in fact promised to let AXIS know once I publish this post. Hope they will implement a few, if not all of them listed here!